Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I use this for venison, it is really good if you arent fussy about innards. Almost just like a roast. Please make sure you dont use baler twine treated with linseed oil in error of cooking twine. I did that once and ruined the whole meal.
- Wash heart and trim fat, sprinkle inside with salt and pepper.
- Fry bacon until almost crispy, add bread crumbs, celery, onion, egg, 1/2 tsp salt, thyms, sage and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Stuff heart and tie with cooking string or secure with skewers.
- Place in small roasting pan, cover with broth and add bay leaf.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 2 1/2 hours.
- Can be done in a crock pot for 9 hours on low.