Recipe by Dancer^
This is so easy and so pretty. It makes a nice summer lunch, just add some fruit. I like Homemade french or Italian dressing on it.
Top Review by TennesseeCook
Love this salad! I made it the first time as written, and it was an absolute hit with my family. But I have since found that this recipe lends itself to many different variations. Today I added some dill weed to the cream cheese. Awesome! I have added several different veggies, usually what I have on hand, cut in small dices. I have made it without the blue cheese in the mix, and served it with blue cheese dressing. The possibilities are endless! I make this often, and we never tire of it!Thanks so much Dancer!
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash lettuce; remove core.
- With a tablespoon, remove enough of the lettuce around core to leave a cavity 2 to 3 in diameter.
- Save removed lettuce for another use.
- Combine cheeses, carrot, green pepper, tomato, pepper, salt and onion, pack firmly into lettuce cavity.
- Wrap lettuce head in foil or plastic wrap and chill until center is solid.
- Slice lettuce into wedges.
- Serve with dressing of your choice.
- A few pieces of fresh fruit (grapes, strawberries or melon) placed on the salad plate is very nice.