Recipe by Nicole Can Cook!
It sounded like an interesting recipe, especially if you have leftover chicken in the fridge. Note: Thaw the pastry sheets at room temp for 20 min, and do not unfold.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) package Ball fruit salsa mix, from Ball Simple Creations
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) box puff pastry sheets
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomatoes, pineapple, vinegar and fruit salsa mix in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5 minute Reserve 1 cup salsa (Refrigerate the rest for other purposes).
- Combine reserved salsa, chicken, and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold a pastry sheet and roll out into a 12x12 in square.
- Cut the pastry sheet into about 9 4x4 squares.
- Place a bit of chicken mixture onto each square.
- Fold over 1 corner to match the other corner and pinch sides to secure.
- Repeat this for the second pastry sheet as well.
- Sprinkle tops with chili powder if desired.
- Bake for 15 min, or until golden brown.