Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This delicious recipe came to me one morning when I was make breakfast for my wife and children. It's all my favorite ingredients folded in a crispy hash brown, kind of like an omelet.
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄3 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cheese (your favorite cheese)
- 1⁄2 avocado (sliced)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Heat 15 inch cast iron skillet with 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- Once skillet is hot put 3 cups of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns in skillet. Once hash brown browns on one side turn over and brown other side.
- In another skillet cook bacon until crisp while hash brown is browning. Once bacon is cooked, drain on a napkin.
- Once hash browns are browned on both sides season with salt and pepper and turn heat down to low.
- In a small bowl combine onions, red peppers, spinach and cilantro. Once combined, add to one side of hash browns.
- Crack eggs directly on top of onions, red peppers, spinach and cilantro mixture. Add cheese on top of eggs, then fold other half of hash brown on the other side over onions, red peppers, spinach, cilantro, cheese and eggs.
- Place skillet in oven for 15 minutes. Once done season to taste with black pepper and salt. Place a serving on a plate or bowl and top with sliced avocado and a teaspoon of sour cream. .