Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
For your next barbeque! With or without the buns they are simply delish!
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium potatoes
- .Microwave potatoes, cool and grate as for hash browns.
- In a small bowl, mix shredded potato, cheese and mushrooms.
- In a separate bowl, mix hamburger with dry soup mix.
- Form hamburger into 6 patties.
- Make a well in each patty, stuff with potato mixture and seal.
- Cook on grill for 3-5 minute each side or as done to your taste.
I used some frozen hash browns, that I let come to room temperature. I also only used one soup mix packet. The flavor was so great. We made these out on the grill. The kids loved them. I think we should have made more. I think this would be so good with some crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar as well. Made and Reviewed for Zaar Chefs ABS Soup tag - Thanks! :)
Okay, the recipe doesn't say how long to cook the potatoes so I cooked them for about 7 minutes. Also one package of soup mix was enough for us (I'm not big on salty food). The flavors though went together so nicely.