Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is a variation meatloaf/meat roll that I think is delicious...Hope you like it too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger (I always ground my own from lean roast and trim all visible fat)
- 6 slices thinly sliced ham
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 -8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (or sliced, swiss can also be used)
- 2 eggs, beaten (egg substitute works great also)
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- mix all ingredients except ham and cheese.
- spread mixture on sheet of waxed paper.
- flatten meat to make a square.
- place ham on meat then cheese (do not place all the way to sides; leave some clearance).
- roll mixture, jellyroll style, ensuring that ends are sealed well.
- place into baking pan, seamside down.
- bake 1 hour or until brown/done.
- this may be covered with any type of sauce that you would ordinarily use with meatloaf.
I made without the ham, but made everything else following the recipe exactly. This was good, and comforting to the soul, and makes a good lunch or quick supper choice. I will have again!