Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are SO good! My family doesn't even LIKE cabbage but LOVES these! ENJOY!
- 2 loaves frozen white bread dough, thawed (1 lb. each)
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef if you prefer)
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- coarse salt (optional)
- cracked pepper (optional)
- sesame seeds (optional) or poppy seed (optional)
- ketchup, as desired
- mustard, as desired
- barbecue sauce, as desired
- relish, as desired
- Have thawed bread dough ready.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, cook ground turkey or beef over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned (8 to 10 minutes). Drain fat if using beef.
- Stir in shredded cabbage, onions, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is crisp-tender (5 to 6 minutes).
- Stir in cheddar cheese and ketchup.
- Divide each bread loaf into four equal pieces.
- On lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 6 inch circle; place about 1/2 cup meat mixture into each circle.
- Carefully pinch the edges together to enclose the meat and form a bun.
- Place seam side down onto a greased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- In small bowl, stir together the egg and milk; brush each bun with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle each bun with a pinch of coarse salt, cracked pepper, and/or poppy or sesame seeds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with toppings desired.
- (These can easily be shaped into buns and frozen. To reheat, wrap in foil and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 to 60 minutes or until heated through.).
You are a cooking genious! I've tried most of your recipes. If it says WJKing I don't think twice about cooking the recipe. Thanks again for a fabulous new favorite meal.