Recipe by ckinnerson
This recipe is from the Taste of Home magazine.
Top Review by PM Chef
I made this recipe after seeing it in TOH Dec/Jan 2006 issue. I carefully followed the recipe instructions and was pleased with the results. This recipe makes a pretty presentation and tastes delicious. I would make it again.
- 1 (6 -7 lb) boneless ham (Fully cooked)
- 1 large onion (Chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (Cubed)
- 2 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans (Chopped & toasted)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (Fresh & minced)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
RAISIN SAUCE Ingredients
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (Packed)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife and beginning at one end of ham, carefully cut a 2-1/2-in. circle about 6 inches deep; remove cutout. Cut a 1-1/2 -in. slice from the removed piece; set aside. Continue cutting a 2-1/2-in. tunnel halfway through the ham, using a spoon to remove ham pieces(save for another use). Repeat from opposite end, until a tunnel has been cut through ham.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the next 5 ingredients. Stir in onion. Stuff ham; cover end openings with reserved ham slices. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 1-1/4 hours. In a small saucepan, combine hone and orange juice concentrate; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Brush over ham. bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140.
- For suace, combine the brown sugar, flour, mustard, and raisins in a saucepan. Gradually add water and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 mins or until thickened. Serve with Ham.
- Yield: 12-14 Servings.