Recipe by ohgal
I thought this would be a change from the usual ham steak with pineapple. I am putting this here to try this week.
- 2 ham steaks, 1/4 inch thick
- whole cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread cubes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, slightly beatened
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the fat from around the ham steaks; using whole cloves stud the ham and keep aside.
- Add celery and onion to butter and sauté for about 10 minutes. Toss slightly after adding bread cubes, cinnamon, egg, parsley and salt.
- Take a big double-thick square aluminum foil, put one of the ham steaks in the middle and cover using stuffing mixture. Arrange the other ham steak on the top. Use toothpicks, if required, to secure the second ham.
- Pull up the aluminum foil, cover the ham and seal. Fold the ends so that ham is completely secured inside.
- Put on on the oven rack and bake for25 minutes.
- Unwrap the foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Arrange on the platter and serve hot.