Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes a quick , filling meal by itself. You can also prepare with a mix of green and red half bells, pretty presentation. Also substitute chicken and adjust any seasonings to your liking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, precooked
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, chopped fine
- 2 medium red bell peppers
- olive oil, for saueting
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups spaghetti sauce
Optional at end of cooking
- shredded favourite cheese
- sprinkle with crispy buttered bread crumb
- sprinkle with more chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the prepared rice in a large mixing bowl with the ingredients listed, adjust any seasoning to your taste- set aside.
- Bell peppers- slice in half (lengthwise), seed and core- set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil, saute garlic, add turkey and white wine, cooking through- set aside to cool slightly.
- In the large mixing bowl containing the filling combine the seasoned turkey, mixing well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the combined mixtures, stirring just to mix in.
- Oil a 2 inch shallow baking pan, place the half bells close together skin side down in the pan.
- Stuff the half bells with the rice, turkey and tomato mixture.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce all over the bells till covered.
- Make a tent of aluminum foil over the top of the pan, securing 2 sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil tent.
- Bake for another 8- 10 minutes until peppers are soft.
- Remove from oven, add any options.