Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Farm Fresh to You, contributed by Raquel Nelepovitz of Vacaville
Make and share this Stuffed Gypsy Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 4 bell peppers (gypsy or lipstick peppers)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (additional for sprinkling)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (additional for sprinkling)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fromage blanc (or ricotta or goat cheese)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the peppers with olive oil, 1/2 t salt & 1/4 t pepper; place the peppers on a baking sheet & roast for 15-20 min until the skin is blistered. Remove from the oven & let cool; peel the peppers, being careful to remove the skin around the stems, leaving the stems in place. Make a lengthwise slit into each pepper & remove the seeds; sprinkle with more salt & pepper.
- Decrease the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Oil a baking sheet.
- For the filling: combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl & mix well; gently spoon 1/4 c of the filling into each pepper. Place the peppers, seam side down, on the prepared pan; bake for 25-30 min until the peppers are puffed & the filling is set.
- Serve warm.
My husband thought these were fabulous and mentioned they would be great "company food". They were easy to make, too! The skin easily came off the peppers, but I had some trouble removing the seeds. I rinsed the seeds out under running water, and it worked fine.