Recipe by Trnquilit
From Farm Fresh to You, contributed by Raquel Nelepovitz of Vacaville
Top Review by suzcarl
My husband thought these were fabulous and mentioned they would be great "company food". They were easy to make, too! The skin easily came off the peppers, but I had some trouble removing the seeds. I rinsed the seeds out under running water, and it worked fine.
- 4 bell peppers (gypsy or lipstick peppers)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (additional for sprinkling)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (additional for sprinkling)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fromage blanc (or ricotta or goat cheese)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the peppers with olive oil, 1/2 t salt & 1/4 t pepper; place the peppers on a baking sheet & roast for 15-20 min until the skin is blistered. Remove from the oven & let cool; peel the peppers, being careful to remove the skin around the stems, leaving the stems in place. Make a lengthwise slit into each pepper & remove the seeds; sprinkle with more salt & pepper.
- Decrease the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Oil a baking sheet.
- For the filling: combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl & mix well; gently spoon 1/4 c of the filling into each pepper. Place the peppers, seam side down, on the prepared pan; bake for 25-30 min until the peppers are puffed & the filling is set.
- Serve warm.