Recipe by retiree09
This makes bland ground turkey very delicious!
Top Review by Auntie Jan
This took a turkey burger to new heights. The addition of the cheese was nice and oozy and full of flavor. Definately give this a try. This is the first time I have ever tried goat cheese and I was a little hesitant at first but it was wonderful. Thank you for cranking up a turkey burger, it will be made again.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red sweet bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 4 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a bowl. Form into 4 balls. Press 1/4 of the goat cheese into center of each ball and enclose; then press into patties. Pour olive oil into non-stick skillet and preheat on medium to medium/low heat. Fry burgers, covered, till done. Never cook poultry to anything less than done. Serve on Kaiser rolls with your favorite condiments.