Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can be stuffed with any deli meat or cheese and you can use spinach and even hard boiled eggs! The texture is very different from meatloaf which could be considered a second cousin. My family looks forward to it every time. I serve it with buttered orzo pasta and peas.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 slices salami
- 2 -3 slices provolone cheese
- In a large zip-lock bag mix first 11 ingredients.
- Prepare a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil (spray with water so meat won't stick).
- Cut ziplock bag and lay out beef mixture to form a large rectange. Flatten out evenly.
- Tear salami and cheese into long pieces and lay out on top of meat.(Any of your own ideas can be added now. I've used Italian hams, swiss cheese, mushrooms, etc.).
- Roll up length wise using the paper or foil as a tool.
- Pinch ends and lay seam side down.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.