Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 extra thick pork chops, about 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick,to serve four
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch dried rosemary, crumbled fine
- 1 pinch dried marjoram, crumbled fine
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Make pockets in the chops by slitting from the edge of the eye to the bone with a sharp knife.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, butter, garlic, onion, rosemary, marjoram and salt, and stuff the mixture into the pockets.
- Use a small skewer if necessary to hold the edges closed.
- Grill the chops over medium high heat for 8 to 10 minutes per side, turning several times, until the fat is crisp and the meat nicely browned.
This was excellent! I used thick porkchops from Costco (no bone). Since I had no marjoram, I used dried oregano from my garden. I broiled them and they were moist and delicious! I sliced one up for my lunch the next day and it was also good cold. Thanks for sharing, Tina!!