Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This a basic, old fashioned mid-western recipe that I grew up with.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 6 green peppers, hollowed out and cut in half if large
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 8 ounces bacon (uncooked and cut into small pieces) (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- Preheat oven to 275?F. Spray 8x8 glass baking dish. Mix all ingredients except soup. Dilute one can of soup according to can's directions and add to mix. Stuff raw mixture into peppers. Pour the second can of soup (full strength) over top of peppers and into pan.
- Bake for 2 hours at 275?F.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, spooning extra tomato sauce onto potatoes.