Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 lb lean ground beef, cooked and crumbled
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped green bell peppers
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients except rice, salt, and pepper in slow cooker and cook on low 6-8 hours, stirring rice in during last 2 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This was so very delicious. I used ground turkey instead of beef and a mixture of peppers as that is what I had on hand. I am in the process of making this soup right now for the third time and will use the ground turkey again and all green peppers this time.