Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
- In a 12" skillet cook hamburger and onion for 10 minutes or until meat is browned and no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook just until fragrent. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add uncooked rice, cover and remove from heat for 5 minutes, fluff with fork and set aside.
- In 6-quart crockpot or dutch oven add hamburger mixture, green peppers, celery, mushrooms, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook at low temperature just until peppers are softened but still have a little crunch to them.
- Add rice and serve.