If you love stuffed green peppers you will LOVE this soup.
Make and share this Stuffed Green Pepper Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 cups uncooked rice (Instant or Minute Rice)
- 4 green peppers (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (minced) or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a 12" skillet cook hamburger and onion for 10 minutes or until meat is browned and no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook just until fragrent. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add uncooked rice, cover and remove from heat for 5 minutes, fluff with fork and set aside.
- In 6-quart crockpot or dutch oven add hamburger mixture, green peppers, celery, mushrooms, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook at low temperature just until peppers are softened but still have a little crunch to them.
- Add rice and serve.