1/2 Photos of Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
2 hrs 15 mins
Chef Songull's Note:
If you love stuffed green peppers you will LOVE this soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 cups uncooked rice (Instant or Minute Rice)
- 4 green peppers (chopped)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 stalks celery (chopped)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (minced) or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1In a 12" skillet cook hamburger and onion for 10 minutes or until meat is browned and no longer pink.
- 2Add garlic and cook just until fragrent. Set aside.
- 3In a medium saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add uncooked rice, cover and remove from heat for 5 minutes, fluff with fork and set aside.
- 4In 6-quart crockpot or dutch oven add hamburger mixture, green peppers, celery, mushrooms, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- 5Cook at low temperature just until peppers are softened but still have a little crunch to them.
- 6Add rice and serve.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.9
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 2272.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 34.9 g