Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the greatest. If you like stuffed peppers well this has same effect less time. Have made it for pot lucks also and goes over so well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can tomato juice
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 bag frozen, chopped green pepper
- 1 bag frozen, chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice (, or 1 bag of boil in bag rice)
- Brown ground beef and cook rice.
- Mix together all ingredients and cook as soup.
What a great idea! I didn't have any ground beef around, so I substituted some Italian sausage, added some fennel seeds and Italian herbs and a splash of Worchestershire sauce. It was divine! Really quick and easy to make as well. I like cheese in my stuffed peppers, so I topped it with some fresh Parmesan. Thanks for the inspiration!
This was awesome,I substituted ground turkey and brown rice to make it a bit healthier. I seen this soup at a restaurant and couldn't wait to try it at home. Can also sprinkle with cheese before eating.