Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've always put shrimp in my green peppers, it gives it a better tasting pepper.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- Crumble beef into a 1-1/2 quart microwave-safe bowl;add the onion.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until meat is browned, then drain.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce,water,1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese,salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove tops and seeds from the peppers; cut in half lengthwise.
- Each piece of shrimp should be cut into four and added to meat mixture.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture, place in a ungreased microwave-safe shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Spoon remaining tomato sauce over peppers;sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Can also use 13 inch x 9 inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- I always make about 12 of them and then I cover each one of them with foil after they are cooled and put them in the freezer.
- Whenever I want one, I just microwave them and they taste just as good as the day I made them.