Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
What a tasty way to get your vitamins B & C and antioxidants! I love the fact that you don't have to precook the rice. This can be prepared ahead and just popped in the oven on a busy night. Found in a circular from Publix grocery store.
- 6 bell peppers (red, green or yellow)
- 1 lb ground chuck (leaner is better)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 1⁄2 cups Clamato juice or 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice (V8) or 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, adjust to taste
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the tops and seeds of the peppers; rinse & dry and place upright in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, rice, onion, oregano, 1/2 cup Clamato Juice, salt and pepper.
- Fill each pepper with the meat mixture, dividing evenly.
- Combine the remaining 2 cups of Clamato juice with the ketchup and pour over the peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Very good peppers. We used ground turkey and tomato juice. I think they could have coked a little bit longer or next time I may partially cook the rice. The flavor was very nice.