2 hrs 30 mins
Recipe came from Dale L. Middleman of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Found on my very first internet search. Tried it and I liked it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart water
- 5 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup dehydrated onion
- 1/2-1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef base
- 3 cups white rice, uncooked and divided
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1In large soup pot bring water to boil.
- 2Add peppers, onions, celery, and base.
- 3Cook for about 20 minute or until vegetables begin to soften.
- 4In separate pan, cook 1-1/2 cups of the rice.
- 5Pan fry ground beef in medium skillet. When cooked through, discard grease.
- 6Combine meat with cooked rice, then add to soup pot.
- 7Add all remaining ingredients to soup pot except the remaining 1-1/2 cups of rice.
- 8Simmer until celery and peppers are cooked through, about 20 minute Add remaining rice and cook over low boil until rice is done,about 10 minute.
- 9Makes about 12 large servings.
- 10Note: This is a very thick soup. For a thinner consistency, add more stock or juice.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Green Bell Peppers Soup
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 808.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: