Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy, and delicious! I have also used this same recipe to make stuffed tomatoes.
Make and share this Stuffed Green Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- Cut off tops of green peppers, remove centers and discard.
- Cook peppers in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain and set peppers aside.
- Saute onion in butter until tender, add ground beef, cook until browned, drain well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for the cheese.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle tops of green peppers with cheese and bake until cheese melts.
These were just right. The only change i made was to add some garlic. The cheese on top was just the crowning touch. I will for sure use this recipe again and again.I will also think of Dana each time i make it!
These were very nice and we enjoyed them. The tomato sauce kept the stuffing moist. Will add some herbs next time and also some garlic like angelfan did.
These were very good. I'd never done stuffed peppers before, but I'm so glad I tried this recipe! I liked it because it desn't include rice like most other pepper recipes do (my husband doesn't like rice). It was so easy and quick to make and tasty too! I'll be making this again. Thanks for posting!