When our garden is brimming with fresh green peppers this is a favorite way to fix them. These are very good.
- Cut tops off peppers, remove seeds.
- Drop in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain, rinse in cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the next 8 ingredients.
- Spoon into peppers.
- Put in a greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Mix soup and basil.
- Spoon over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
I loved it! Easy to prepare. I had only 4 peppers so I put the leftover meat mixture in a small tin loaf pan to prepare as a meatloaf later. I also like the peppers as leftovers. I heated one in the microwave today on high for 1 minute and it was perfect. This is a 5 star keeper!!!!
very good, I had to scale down the recipe to make four peppers. I think I might add a little of the sauce to the meat mixture. Very tastey!!
Pay attention to that RICE!! Against my better judgement, I used raw rice, and it was a mistake. Perhaps converted rice, or pre-cooked rice, as in most other recipes for stuffed peppers.