Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I know there are tons of recipes for these out there ... I just hadn't seen the one I've been using forever yet.
- 2 large green peppers, gutted (halved if super large)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice, uncooked (I've tried other kinds, and it's pretty hit or miss with everything but the instant)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (separated)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pre-cook peppers in boiling, salted water for five minutes.
- Brown ground beef in skillet, drain.
- Combine soup, onion, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, rice, and 1 1/2 cups cheese in a bowl.
- Place peppers upright in baking dish.
- Stuff with mixture -- any leftover mixture can be spooned around the peppers.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the rice is cooked.
- This can also be cooked in the microwave, covered, on high, for 12 minutes.