Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I used when I first got married.. I use extra spices.. Time can change depending on your oven.
- 6 green peppers, washed
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- Cut green peppers and wash.
- Place peppers in a shallow pan.
- In a bowl mix beef, rice, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, water, egg and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Mix and put in green peppers.
- Put remaining tomato sauce on top of the green peppers.
- Bake at 350 for an hour and a half.
These are excellent and so easy to make. I find that I always end up with extra "stuffing" so I recommend getting a few extra peppers, or toning down the recipe. I found that 2lbs of beef makes 9 or 10 peppers.
Faith, great green pappers! I did leave out the salt and added some lemon pepper, celery salt, and a bit of red pepper flakes. Very versatile recipe, easy to put together, and a wonderful meal! I served with mashed potatoes and my sour cream cucumbers. Thank you for another winning recipe!