Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
These make a good meal.
- 6 large green peppers
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook green peppers in salted boiling water 5 minutes after cutting off tops and taking seeds out of green peppers; drain.
- Cook beef and onion until brown. Stir in salt, rice and 1 cup pureed tomatoes.
- Stuff each pepper with 1/2 cup of meat mixture.
- Set peppers upright in an ungreased baking dish. Pour remaining pureed tomatoes over peppers and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake 45 minutes covered and an additional 15 Minutes uncovered.
- Serves 6.