Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so delicious.
- 6 large green peppers
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Clean peppers.
- Cook them in water, just enough to cover, for 5 minutes.
- Brown hamburger and onions to light brown. Drain, stir in salt, rice and 1 cup of sauce.
- Stuff each pepper with mixture.
- Put in upright in a container (ungreased). Pour remaining sauce on peppers.
- Cook 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cook 15 mintutes longer.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
4.5 stars! We are a saucy family so I will increase the sauce next time. I love the mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar.