Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Everyone in our home loves this soup. (Exept for my brother who doesn't like cooked green peppers.) This soup in INCREDIBLY easy and delicious! Even those who don't like stuffed peppers love this. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top if desired.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 3 green peppers, chopped in 1 inch spuares
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped small
- 6 cups prepared brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- ground black pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup basil
- Prepare rice.
- Brown ground beef along with onion, green peppers, garlic, and celery.
- Add rice, meat mix, and the remaining ingredients to crock pot and cook on low until heated. (About 2-4 hours.).