- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (1/2 cup uncooked)
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers (about 2 large peppers)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In 6-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, brown beef; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Makes about 16 servings.