1/3 Photos of Stuffed Grape Leaves Lebanese
1 hr 20 mins
This makes a great Lebanese appetizer served with yogurt and pita. Snip the stems of the grape leaves if they are tough. Cover the leaves with a heavy plate that just fits inside the pot and weigh it down with some thing heavy (the leaves should not be free to move around, otherwise they become unwrapped). Look here http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=250725 for step x step photos on how to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) jar grape leaves or 1 (16 ounce) jar young tender fresh grape leaves
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb ground lamb (or a mixture of both) or 1 lb ground beef (or a mixture of both)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 lemons
- 1If using fresh grape leaves for rolling, dip in boiling water with some lemon for about 30 seconds.
- 2Mix ground meat with rice,pine nuts, dried currants season with salt, pepper, allspice, sugar and cinnamon.
- 3Remove stem from each grape leaf, if using fresh leaves.
- 4Spread each leaf on flat surface.
- 5Place about 1 teaspoon of meat stuffing across the leaf about 1/2" from stem point.
- 6Fold leave forward toward stuffing.
- 7Then fold right side over and roll leaf forward very tightly.
- 8When fully rolled, squeeze it to secure.
- 9Repeat for each leaf.
- 10Place a couple of loose leaves on the bottom of pan Then place each stuffed roll in the pot in layers.
- 11Pound the garlic with mint and salt to taste,.
- 12add 1 cup water and lemon juice and pour over grape leaves in the pot.
- 13Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 14Then simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- 15Add more water if needed.
- 16Steam until grape leaves are soft and are pierced and cut easily with a fork.
- 17Do not over cook.
- 18The leaves should not fall apart.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Grape Leaves Lebanese
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.6
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 1333.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: