Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For garlic lovers! an absolute killer side kick to a meal, or great to have as a snack, this is absolutely amazing! My advise, is you better prepare two of these, cause you will need it.
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 head fresh garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups steamed broccoli, cut into small pieces
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Cut the loaf in half lengthwise; tear out the soft center of bread in chunks, don't throw away the chunks of bread, (leaving the crust intact).
- Lay the crust SHELLS on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, stir in the garlic and sesame seeds; cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the torn bread chunks, and cook until golden brown, and the butter has been absorbed; remove from heat.
- In a very large bowl, combine the sour cream, Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and the lemon pepper (if using).
- Stir in the steamed broccoli, and the buttered toasted bread chunks (add in the garlic bits in the frypan too!).
- Toss all together well, and spoon into bread shells.
- Cover loosely with foil, bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm-- delicious!
Wonderful! I made 3 loaves up for a church social and they were gone within minutes, and I was asked for the recipe. It was a real hit! I didn't have enough sour cream for all 3 loaves, so I used cream cheese for one of them and it turned out really good, too.
Fantastic! I didn't have any sesame seeds, but other than that I followed the instructions exactly. I served it with soup and it was a big hit. Thanks.