Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Roma, a good buddy from tennis, brought this to one of our get-togethers after tennis season. After we had devoured it, we begged her for the recipe and she kindly provided us with this. It's not for the dieters or the calorie-watchers, but it sure is GOOD!
- 1 large French bread, unsliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Cut top from bread and set aside.Carefully scoop out inside of bread and tear into small pieces.
- Place torn bread into a large bowl.
- In a large skillet heat butter and oil until bubbley.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach,mushrooms,artichoke hearts,parsley,and anchovies.
- Cook until everything is thoroughly heated through; remove from heat and add to bread pieces in the bowl.
- Toss until well mixed.
- Add cheeses,olives, capers,seasonings and toss well again.
- Pack bowl contents into hollowed out loaf and replace top.
- Wrap in foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and drizzle a little olive oil on top crust.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm. Enjoy!