Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very flavorful roast - you cant overdo the garlic on this one. I used a spicy miso teriyaki sauce and it really came out great and very easy to make too!
- Place frozen roast in water with salt in refrigerator for up to 2 days. This brine is optional.
- Peel the garlic cloves, keeping them whole.
- Take defrosted roast and gouge a steak knife into the side about 1 " deep every 2- 3 inches, then twist to make a hole large enough for a clove of garlic. Push garlic into the holes, flip roast and repeat. Brush sauce over both sides pushing into any openings not completely filled with a garlic clove.
- Place roast into roasting pan or glass oven dish.
- Broil on low for 5-7 minutes about 5 inches from the heat.
- Turn oven to 235 degrees and place covered roast into oven.
- Bake till thermometer inserted in center reads 150 degrees.
- Remove from oven and slice. Place meat back into pan with all juices and sauce and bake for another 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees or until it is cooked to your preference.
- Enjoy! Tastes great with recipe # 53987 by BeckyF.