This is a great recipe for when your fresh vegetables are coming in from the garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 8 radishes, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh peas or 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. Leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell, scoop out the pulp. Discard, or save for another use. Invert the tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2In a skillet, melt 4 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Saute the carrots, radishes, green onions, cucumber, peas, parsley, oregano, garlic and salt until the vegetables are tender.
- 3Stuff the tomatoes with the vegetables and place in a greased shallow baking dish.
- 4Melt the remaining butter; stir in the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and sugar. Sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- 5Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the crumbs are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Garden Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.6
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 536.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g