Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe for when your fresh vegetables are coming in from the garden.
Make and share this Stuffed Garden Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 8 radishes, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. Leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell, scoop out the pulp. Discard, or save for another use. Invert the tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- In a skillet, melt 4 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Saute the carrots, radishes, green onions, cucumber, peas, parsley, oregano, garlic and salt until the vegetables are tender.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the vegetables and place in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter; stir in the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and sugar. Sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until the crumbs are lightly browned.