Recipe by scarley
Top Review by Debbwl
Very nice little treat! This is a very easy recipe that despite the figs and honey is not overly sweet. Do not think I would use these figs for dessert although I guess you could, but so think they would be a nice appetizer for a BBQ. I made as written and thought the roasting of the almonds not only brought a lot of flavor but also helped to keep the honey in check. Thanks for the post.
- 19 fresh ripe small figs, about 1 . 25 lbs
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup natural almonds, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the ripest fig on a plate with the honey, using a fork; set aside.
- Trim stems from remaining figs with a sharp knife, then cut a deep “X” in the top of each, making sure not to cut all the way through to the bottom. Gently spread each fig apart with your fingertips to make “petals.”
- Combine ricotta cheese and almonds in a small bowl. Press mashed fig mixture through a sieve into a cup with the back of a spoon.
- To serve, spoon ricotta mixture into figs. Arrange on a platter and drizzle with fig honey.