Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A wonderful breakfast/brunch recipe from the Mainstay Inn.
Top Review by lbandbuggy
As far as taste, this tasted just ok. If I make it again, I will sweeten the cream cheese just a little bit, and also will soften it and spread it a little bit instead of leaving in plops. Also, I will line the pan with foil. It stuck to the bottom of the pan very bad, and even after soaking all day, completely ruined my $40 calphalon pan.
- 1 loaf firm white bread
- 10 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups strawberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube bread and layer half in a 12-x-8.5 inch pan. Cut cream cheese into small pieces and scatter across bread. Cover with remaining bread cubes.
- Mix eggs, half-and-half, maple syrup, and melted butter together well. Pour evenly over bread cubes and press bread cubes down to soak up egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Serve with fresh strawberry sauce or maple syrup.
- To make sauce, heat sliced strawberries and strawberry preserves together. Serve over french toast.