Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe. Times do not include over-night refrigeration time.
Make and share this Stuffed French Toast With Strawberry Grand Marnier recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf French bread, not sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
Strawberry Grand Marnier Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- Cut French bread into 8-10 1-inch thick slices.
- Make a slit in the crust of each slice.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, cream cheese and sugar.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into slits of bread.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half together.
- Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and place in well-greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Pour remaining egg mixture over all and soak overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees 35 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve with Strawberry Grand Marnier Sauce.
- Strawberry Grand Marnier Sauce:.
- 1/3 cup butter - melted.
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar.
- 1 tablespoons corn starch.
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier (Orange juice may be substituted).
- 2 Cups Strawberries - sliced.
- Melt butter in skillet; slowly add powdered sugar, cornstarch and Grand Marnier and allow mixture to thicken over low heat.
- Add strawberries at last minute.
- Spoon small amount of mixture over each piece of French toast.
Wow, was this delicious Lazyme. The french toast was superb, light, tender, fluffy and delicious. The cream cheese filling was amazing and took this treat to another level. I didn't use Grand Marnier as I had it for breakfast, but it was lovely with the orange juice. The sauce which was buttery with a slight citrus flavor encased the fresh strawberries perfectly. It was thick, smooth and silky. Thank you for sharing a treat that I will make again, can't wait to try it with the Grand Marnier. Made for Spring Pac Safari 2013