1/3 Photos of Stuffed French Toast With Fruit & Cream Cheese (Baked)
Kit Katchen's Note:
Came up with this as a quick and filling breakfast while I was pregnant. The whole family loves it. I've found the leftovers are a little better because the flavors have a chance to blend more. It looks like a lot but it's actually quick & easy to put together. Please follow the steps for mixing ingredients as they're listed... This prevents the "floating" of the dry ingredients and makes for a smooth & blended caramel colored egg mix. Also, I always spread the cream cheese & pie filling over the bread slices rather than pouring it on top so they end up as "sandwiches". We dish them out as sandwiches but have to eat with forks :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 12 slices bread, divided
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 21 ounces fruit pie filling, of your choice I especially like cherry and blueberry
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1For the egg mixture:.
- 2Mix all dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, salt, & cinnamon).
- 3Add 1/3 cup milk & stir until blended. This will make a bit of a "paste.".
- 4Add the remaining 1/3 cup milk. Mix.
- 5Add the melted butter & vanilla. Mix.
- 6Add the eggs. Mix until completely blended.
- 7For the cream cheese mixture:.
- 8Use a mixer to blend cream cheese & sugar until smooth.
- 9Add egg & vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- 10Grease a 9x13 pan & dip 6 of the slices of bread into the egg mixture, allowing it to drain a few seconds before placing in the bottom of the pan.
- 11Place dollops of cream cheese mix over each slice of bread & spread to cover bread.
- 12Place dollops of fruit filling over cream cheese & spread over the area of each piece of bread.
- 13Dip the remaining 6 slices of bread into the egg mixture and allow to drain a few seconds before placing on top of the pie filling.
- 14Sprinkle with chopped nuts and cinnamon sugar.
- 15Bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes (may vary based on ovens.).
- 16Allow to cool and enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed French Toast With Fruit & Cream Cheese (Baked)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.4
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 205.5 mg
- Sodium 564.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: