Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe i kind of created when I had a breakfast potluck. Its both sweet and savory because I put a little bacon on top. Bacon makes everything better in my opinion.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- 6 slices bacon
- cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make cake mix by following cake directions then add cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour cake mix in the cupcake wrapper pans.
- Pour equal parts maple syrup in each cupcake.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking fry bacon until crispy. Place on paper towels and drain bacon grease. Set aside and wait for cupcakes to bake. Take out of oven and cool. Once cooled frost and crumble bacon on each cupcake. enjoy.