Recipe by McGelby
Another tasty recipe from Cook Yourself Thin, this is one of my favorite breakfasts. I like to use frozen fruits to mix up the flavors all year long. 1 serving is 2 cups.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, egg white, milk, cinnamon and honey.
- Spray a nonstick muffin pan with calorie-free vegetable spray.
- Carefully dip each slice of the bread into the egg/milk mixture and press it into the muffin pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese until smooth.
- Spoon equal amounts of the ricotta mixture into each of the bread cups and top with berries.
- Drizzle the maple syrup on top.