Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is really easy and kids love it. I found this recipe on a box label.
- 8 slices whole wheat bread or 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices ham (thin slices)
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons butter (optional)
- pancake syrup, warmed
- Place 4 slices of bread on baking pan.
- Cover each bread slice with 1 slice of ham; top with remaining bread slices.
- Whisk eggs, milk and sugar in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over sandwiches. Allow sandwiches to stand at room temperature, about 5 minutes, turning once, to absorb egg mixture.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook sandwiches, in batches, if necessary, about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve each sandwich with 1 tablespoon butter, if desired, and syrup.