Recipe by TwinMommy03
This is a great Christmas morning recipe, as it is quick and easy to repair. Serve with some fruit, and a side of crispy bacon or sausage links for a great holiday breakfast. Prep time does not include time spent in fridge overnight.
- 12 slices raisin bread (or use cinnamon swirl if you don't prefer raisins)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 dozen egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread slices into cubes.
- Cover bottom of a 9x13 dish with half of the bread.
- Dot bread with cream cheese then cover with remaining bread.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and cream cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve with warm maple syrup, or without depending on taste.