This is an amazing dish to serve for breakfast or brunch for young and old alike! Using the evaporated milk really makes a nice french toast! This recipe comes from the very best baking websight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk (not condensed)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine or oil for cooking)
- 1Combine berries and sugar in a small bowl.
- 2Combine ricotta cheese and preserves in another bowl. Mix well.
- 3Combine eggs,evaporated milk, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl,.
- 4Spread ricotta mixture over 6 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- 5Heat small amount of butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dip sandwhiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Sprinkle with powedered sugar. Top with berries. Serve with maple surup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed French Toast and Berries
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 896.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 17.8 g