This is my husband's favorite french toast. Saved for special occasions only because it is very rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, stir the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well mixed.
- 2Spread mixture evenly onto 4 slices of bread.
- 3Top with remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.
- 4In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs using a whisk; whisk in the half-and-half, and sugar until well combined.
- 5Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Dip sandwiches in the egg mixture, make sure you completely coat both sides (do a couple at a time or how ever many your skillet will hold) Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden (add more butter to the skillet as needed).
- 7Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 8Cut each sandwich diagonally and serve.
- 9Serve with maple syrup, or fresh fruit or topping of your choice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (1125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 170.8 mg
- Sodium 192.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g