Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This French Toast recipe is an immediate family favorite. http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2010/05/a-tasty-recipe-stuffed-french-toast/
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 tablespoons any flavor fruit spread (You Can Also Use Jelly, Jam, Or Fresh Fruit)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat skillet or electric griddle to 325 to 350 degrees.
- Cut french bread into 2-3 inch wide slices. Then, with a paring knife, go back and cut halfway into each slice, in the center, creating a ‘pocket’ that your fruit mixture can be stuffed into.
- In a bowl, place the room temperature cream cheese and three tablespoons of fruit spread of your choice. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, break 2 eggs; add cinnamon and milk and combine well.
- Now, take fruit mixture and stuff into the ‘pockets’ of your french bread slices. Place on a baking sheet.
- When done stuffing each piece of bread, completely coat each piece in egg mixture. Make sure all sides are covered. Do all pieces before starting to fry.
- Put 2 tbsp (you can use less!) of butter into a hot skillet and melt completely. Add all of the bread to the skillet and cook roughly about 3-6 minutes on each side, until it reaches a nice golden brown. You want to make sure the cream cheese mixture heats through.
- When done cooking, serve immediately with butter and syrup.