I got this recipe from my Light Cooking cookbook; they're really easy to make and taste great!
Make and share this Stuffed French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl mix strawberry preserves and ricotta cheese until smooth (I always add strawberries to taste); set aside.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate mix: eggs, brown sugar,evaporated milk, and vanilla extract.
- Then, grab two pieces of bread and add ricotta mix between both slices.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich into egg mix and cook each side until golden brown with vegetable oil/butter/margarine in large skillet pan.
- Optional: add powdered sugar and syrup.
This was enjoyed for breakfast, dusted lightly with powdered sugar and topped with some warmed maple syrup. Egg substitute was used and a strawberry fruit spread. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*