Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a huge meal in one!
- 8 slices French bread (cut 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebrown and serve sausage patties, cooked
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut a pocket in the crust of each slice of bread.
- Butter the inside of pocket.
- Cut sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Toss with cheese.
- Stuff into pockets.
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- dip both sides of bread.
- Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with maple syrup if desired.
This makes for a nice, FILLING breakfast! Not great for those on a diet, but WONDERFUL as an every-now-and-then FIX! Followed the directions down the line, but did use bread slices that were almost 2" thick! We enjoyed the combo of cream & swiss cheeses in this! Many thanks! [Tagged, made & reviewed in March Beverage Tag]