Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and rich French toast recipe from the Brunswick Manor, B&B, Brunswick, GA. I usually keep these warm in the oven until they are all made and serve them at once.
- 6 slices French bread, 1-inch thick
- 3⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed, golden
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- maple syrup
- Cut each bread slice horizontally to within 1-inch of edge (do not cut all the way through).
- Fill each with about 2 tablespoons jam and 1 tablespoon cream cheese.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and flour in medium bowl to blend.
- Stir breadcrumbs, sugar and cinnamon in another medium bowl.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Brush with oil.
- Working in batches, dip each bread slice into egg mixture, then into breadcrumb mixture, coating completely.
- Cook until golden, brushing skillet with oil between batches, about 2 minutes per side.
- Divide French toast among 6 plates.
- Pass maple syrup separately.
My company and I really enjoyed these for breakfast this morning. I added some mashed strawberries mixed with sugar to the cream cheese. Made for a really delicious breakfast that was enjoyed to the last bite by all!