Recipe by Lainey39
Use any flavor of fruit preserves you prefer such as strawberry, blueberry or raspberry.
Top Review by diner524
What a treat for breakfast!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and used large slices of Italian bread and for the fruit preserves, I used strawberry!! I loved the texture, crunchiness, that the corn flakes added to the bread. DH and 17 yo DS had no problem finishing one of them, but for me I could only eat a little over 1/2, nice and filling!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR.
- 16 slices egg bread
- 16 ounces cream cheese, whipped
- 8 ounces fruit preserves (strawberry, blueberry or raspberry)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 8 of the bread slices with cream cheese and the other 8 with preserves.
- Put them together (with the fillings inside).
- Beat the eggs with the cinnamon, salt, sugar and cream and vanilla.
- Dip each "sandwich" in the batter to coat lightly.
- Then, dip in the crushed cornflakes to coat.
- Melt the butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat and fry the sandwiches until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Add more butter as needed.
- Remove the finished toast to a platter in a warm oven or chafing dish.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired, and serve with more butter and warm maple syrup or fruit sauce.