Recipe by MarieRynr
The creamy date-pecan-orange filling sets this version of a stuffed french toast apart from the other previously posted here. Give this delicious version a try!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 2 loaves French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream cheese, dates, pecans and orange marmalade in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut the bread into 8 slices 1 inch thick. cut a horizontal pocket into the top crust of each bread slice. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture into each pocket.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dip the stuffed bread slices into the egg mixture, coating all sides.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook the stuffed bread slices in batches for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the icing sugar to serve.
- Accompany with your favorite syrup for a delicious breakfast time treat!